Saturday, December 24, 2005

Busyness of the Season

Time has flown since I last posted and my days have been quite full. We have had several people battling sinus and upper respritory infections here, but they all seem to be on the mend now. My parents came last Monday and left on Tuesday, Wednesday night we went caroling with the Pedersen family, tomorrow night we will visit a Messianic Jewish homechurch near here, Sunday night we will have church with the Pedersens along with Christmas dinner, Monday night we're having friends over for dinner and Tuesday night we will be meeting with some of our friends that will be in town from PA. On top of that, Gene is out witnessing tonight, as usual, and won't be home until about 1:30am. So, as you can see, things will be quite busy here for a few days. This is not how I usually schedule things; we try to keep our life much simpler than this, but this is just how things worked out this week.

December 31st will be our 22nd wedding anniversary; it's so hard to believe. In some ways it seems just like yesterday that we met, and in other ways it seems that Gene has always been a part of my life. I don't know if the fact that we met just a couple of months after I was saved had anything to do with it or not, but I'm thankful that he has been at my side for the last 22 years. The Lord truly blessed me to by providing me with such a wonderful, loving, Christian husband.

Here's a picture of us on our wedding day. I wish I could say that we haven't changed a bit... but who would believe that?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: