Monday, April 24, 2006

My Kitchen

I recently spent a few days re-organizing my kitchen.  We took everything out of every cabinet and moved it around.  It was very disorganized for a few days, but I am really pleased with the results.  Having 7 people living in a single wide mobile home can be challenging at times, but the Lord has provided creativity to arrive at storage solutions. One of my biggest hurdles was food storage.  Previously I had many things on top of the refrigerators and freezer (I have two refrigerators and an upright deep-freeze in my kitchen). I always hated the way it looked, because it seemed to never look neat and organized.  I realized I needed to be able to store things on the top, but wanted to do it attractively.  We came up with a solution that I think works well.  I hope that you enjoy my pictures of my ideas.  I am working on new curtains for the windows and then I'll be done for a while.  I hope to paint eventually, but I don't know how soon it will be.

To handle all of the things I needed to have extra storage for, I used glass jars and cannisters on top of the appliances.  It gave me the storage I needed, but didn't look cluttered.  Here are pictures from the tops of my fridges and freezer:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

For storing beans, Lindsay came up with the idea of using the orange juice pitchers.  I think they turned out pretty well; good idea Lins!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a picture of the two fridges and the freezer:

Image hosting by Photobucket

At a later date, I will post pictures of the rest of the kitchen, maybe after I get the curtains up.

No comments: