Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Lindsay!!

January 16th was Lindsay's 21st birthday. She is a blessing to have in our family. We have her to thank for this blog, as she is the one who does all of the design work and programming; I would be lost without her, in this realm and in many others! I am thankful that we have become very good friends. We can spend many hours discussing scriptures and their application with each other. We have jokingly titled her our experimental child, as we test all of our parenting theories out on her. She loves music and is learning to play both the guitar and banjo. She has acted in several plays, from American Girl to Shakespeare. We love to laugh together, and she has a great sense of humor. One of my favorite things about her, but don't tell her, is that she challenges me. If I say I think something or I believe the scriptures point a certain direction, she will challenge me to back it up. I can tend to swing my pendulum too far in one direction, and she will help me to see that. She loves to study the scripture and one of my favorite memories is of her searching the scriptures at the age of 10. We had been to see a play depicting Heaven and Hell, and she wanted to know what the Bible had to say on that subject and on the subject of Satan. She had sat in on my Precept Bible studies for years and had watched me use the Strong's Concordance and other study tools; therefore she was familiar with how to search and cross-reference scriptures. She found every name for Satan, and every scripture that mentioned him or hell and read them. She then read the whole book of Revelations, which intimidated me until a few years ago; I guess that's the example of the faith of a child. To this day, she is still like that, if she wants to know something, she will get all her reference books and begin to research it. She is often referred to as my research assistant, because when I'm pressed for time, I will ask her to search something out for me. I can trust her research because she will look at all sides of an issue and then come to a conclusion, as opposed to going into something with an agenda and then making up her mind. If you haven't visited
Lindsay's site before, I hope that you will. Here's a picture we took of Lindsay last May.

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: