Sunday, March 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Hannah!!

Last Sunday was Hannah's 13th birthday. Hannah is a quiet girl, at least that's what those who don't know her would say. At home it's a different ballgame. She is funny and silly, very talkative, especially about horses! Did you know that there are such a thing as horses that are skewbald, piebald, and cowhocked??? Well, neither did I, until Hannah informed me. She has also told me about all the different colors of horses, and please don't call a horse white; it's not, it's cream... or at least that's what I've been told. She does have interests other than horses, she really does. She loves to read, and has perfect pitch. She plays music by ear and can pick out a song after working with it for just a little while. She has recently begun playing the mandolin and loves it, though the building up of callouses isn't a lot of fun.

Even though Hannah was born third in our family, she is more like a firstborn. I never put a lot of stock in that until as a joke Lindsay began reading "The Birth Order" book and it was playing out before our eyes. Having two "firstborn" children can be a challenge, especially when they are both so much like me. Lindsay, Hannah, and I are all organizer/planners, which is great until you get in a situation where there are "Too many cheifs and not enough Indians", which plays out every time we begin to prepare for a trip. I am very thankful for my organizing girls; they are a great source of help whenever I need it. I just have to remind myself that even though we are all organizers, we may not organize the same way.

Hannah was given her name because I was so thankful that the Lord blessed us with her. We had two miscarriages before I carried her to term, and I remembered Hannah's pleading out to God for a child. I wanted to always remember how precious she is and how thankful I am to have her. She is a great blessing to our family.

Here's a picture of Hannah at her family birthday party. It had a Narnia theme, and Lindsay beaded her a crown to wear for the celebration.

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: