Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Jolly Green Giant is Dead

The Lord's timing is perfect and this was proven, once again, yesterday. Gene had to run into Houston yesterday to pick up something he needed for work. Just as Gene began to go up a hill on interstate 10, one exit before his, our big green van's (aka The Jolly Green Giant) oil pressure went through the roof and it coasted to a stop almost at the peak of the hill. And there is stayed. Gene called me and after 2 hours, and a lot of insanity, we finally got it towed to his office. We are blessed with a mechanic who comes to us when he works on our vehicles, and today Freddie came out. He pronounced last rites over the van, and said he would help us to find a proper burial site for it. In other words, he will help us find someone to buy it from us. We had our new van 33 days when this happened. We are so thankful for the new van and that the Lord allowed The Jolly Green Giant to serve us as long as it did.

2 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Isn't it amazing how the Good Lord allows things to last . I'm never quite sure about my vehicle now. It has spells and decides not to move when I'm making a left turn over the hwy. I go back to my mechanic and say "Its trying to kill me again". I have had to do this about 10 times. Some days it happens 2 or 3 times. God keeps me safe.
You had the green giant I have an Eagle.
God Bless.

lora k said...

Joyce,
Thanks for dropping by. You are so right about the Lord allowing things to last, we were told 2 years ago that the differential could go at any time, and in the end... it never went. We're so thankful for the Lord providing a new vehicle.