Thursday, June 29, 2006

This 'n' That

First of all, as you can see, my blog is undergoing a much needed facelift. Thanks, Lindsay! The pictures in the banner are some of the women from my family; sadly, most of them are no longer living. Three of my great-grandmothers are pictured, although I only have vague memories of two of them. The baby, excepting the one in the picture in the top left corner, is me. I have many special memories of these special ladies in my life and look to the different qualities of each as inspiration.

I hope that you enjoy the changes we've made(that's definately the proverbial "we"). There will be more pictures in the sidebar shortly. The blogroll is also in the process of being updated with sites that I frequent and enjoy. I hope to add new blogs as I find them.

My homemaking blog is also undergoing some changes. I hope that you will check in there to see how things are shaping up. As of this writing, you can't see the changes; everything that is being done is prep work, but the changes should be visible in a matter of days.

Do you ever go through times where you feel you need to have a pager on everything you own in order to keep track of things? That's how it's been for me lately--lots of little things have been misplaced. The one I did the other day was the topping on the cake for me...I lost my cellphone sad Though compared to Lindsey's method of crushing hers, my method of losing mine is just plain boring! I went to Walmart Tuesday, and while in the store, I spoke to the girls on the phone. When I went to get it out of my purse later at home, it wasn't there. A mild panic set in. We began calling it and standing in various places to see if it could be heard. We tried the van 3 times, all of the bedrooms, even standing by the trashcans outside to see if they were ringing. All to no avail! I called Cingular and told them to kill the phone and then proceeded to drive myself crazy trying to figure out what I could have done with it. Yesterday I went back to Walmart to see if anyone had turned it in. Well, they had about 10 other phones, but none of them were mine. Since it wasn't at Walmart, I called and got a replacement phone. I was very thankful to have insurance on it (which I had considered cancelling on Monday). The phone is being shipped out and should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

Gene, Lindsay, and Rachel have started running---barefooted!! Thanks, Bonnie! Now all of my rules about wearing shoes have gone out the window. wink Gene ran for years before, but this is his first time to try it shoeless. You can read about Lindsay's running adventures on her blog. It appears that Rachel seems to be naturally suited for running, as she is doing quite well at it. Hannah and Caroline don't have the stamina for running as of yet--so they are barefoot scootering.

I hope and pray that things are going well for you all in your neck of the woods--wherever that may be. I'd love to hear from those visiting my blog-so please take the time to introduce yourself.

No comments: