Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cranberry Chicken Salad

Last night I had this idea, put it all together and I loved it. Let me know what you think. It's super easy. Sorry there are no measurements, I just eyeballed it

Cranberry Chicken Salad

Roasted leftover chicken, diced
Whole berry cranberry sauce, chopped a little to seperate
Mayonaise
Bread, or crackers.

I combined the chicken cranberry sauce and mayo in a bowl and then put it on bread. It was really good. You could make it better by adding the things you like, I bet some nuts would be good. I got the idea from watching Food Network. They showed a sandwich made with dressing, turkey and cranberry sauce. I thought it needed a little gravy, but it looked really good. It was the inspiration for this. Post and let me know what you do with your Thanksgiving leftovers.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh yum, that sounds delicious! A long time ago, I did something similar; I forgot all about it!

lora k said...

I have been watching all the Thanksgiving shows on Food Network (our favorite network), and have been getting lots of great ideas for Thanksgiving. Paula Deen has some really great ideas, though if you're on a diet they won't fit in with what you're allowed to eat.