Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Busy Times

Things have been a bit busy around here over the last few days. Rachel's and Lindsay's allergies haven't improved much, at times even being worse. Sunday we all stayed home from church because we had so many that were sick. I will be ever so thankful when allergy season is over!

Gene will be traveling for business, so it will be a long working weekend for me. I hope to get some major re-organization done in my room and to go through some of my books so that I can make some needed room. My room seems to be the household dumping ground, so I'm hoping to go through all of that and get it into shape.

Yesterday I bought a new household helper and I am in love with it! For years I have bought inexpensive ironing boards, and had to replace them every few years. I finally decided to spend the extra money this time and buy a nice ironing board. The one I had was listing to starboard and threatening to sink to the depths of Davy Jones' locker at any moment. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and purchased this beauty yesterday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It has a place to rest my iron, a spot for my starch, little slots for my hangers and under it there is a shelf on which to put clothes. It is sturdy and will last for years. It surprised me how well it was made. Its regular price was $49, but I had a 20% off coupon, so I saved $10, not too bad considering a lot of the cheapo boards are nearly $25. I iron daily, and am pleased to have a wonderful new tool to help me.

I will post this weekend if I have time, if not, see ya soon.

No comments: