Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I've been watching the news this evening with such sadness in my heart. We have lived in Katy (near Houston) for the last 3 years, but before that we lived in the Baton Rouge area for 15 years. I had 3 of my 5 children in Baton Rouge. It is home to us. New Orleans was a place that we have made many memories in. We've been to the zoo, the aquarium, the theatre.... all special memories. It's so hard to realize that all of those places are gone or under water. Then you think of all the people, who have lost everything... homes, jobs, and especially loved ones. There aren't words to express the sadness I felt for the man in Mobile whose wife was swept away from him as he held onto his two grandsons. I can't imagine the helplessness he felt. Our prayers go out to all of those who are affected by this. May God reveal Himself to them during this time.

Also, pray for us as we would like to minister to the families that are more or less stranded here in Houston. Many are running out of money, need clothes etc.. Pray that we may find those to minister to and that we would be able to share the gospel with them. If you can think of any ideas for ministering, please let me know.

No comments: