Friday, December 08, 2006

Winter Ramblings

Today it is quite chilly here in Katy, TX. At nearly 11am, the temperature has only reached 35!! For South Texas...that's pretty cold. I do have to get out today, for just a few minutes, and I can promise, it will be quick!

Our cat, that we adopted on Halloween, is pregnant...and crazy. We are all praying that the kittens come quickly, and maybe this insanity will end!! She has taken to just wandering the house and yowling with an unearthly yowl. She sleeps in Lindsay's room, and Lindsay hasn't been getting much sleep because of the crazy cat. She takes to leaping onto the bed and yowling at Lindsay, then jumping back on the hope chest to look out the window again. She also loves a lot of rubbing & scratching right now. This is quite funny, and is providing us with a great deal of entertainment! She has a spot on her back near her tail and if you scratch her there, she does this funny crouch and then begins this odd growl...yes growl. If you stop, you may just get a good swat! I may make a movie of it to post, because it really is too funny.

Harmony with a crown...maybe this was a sign of things to come!?!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see, dear sweet Lindsay has created a new layout for my blog. Right now she is working on several big programming projects, one of them being our family website. We hope to have that up and running in very short order. I will post the link for it, when it's completed.

The girls and I have designed and are creating some Christmas crafts. One of them being our tree topper, and the others include a centerpiece, a wreath, and some ornaments. Many of these will incorporate the pinecones the girls collected last month. We will take many pictures so that we can post them with instructions. I hope they will turn out as well in reality as they do in my mind.

We are going to be making some Christmas goodies over the next week; I'll post recipes and pictures as we make them. I also plan on making the Gingersnap Sweet Potatoes. I will measure my ingredients and write them down as I go...I may even take pictures.

This weekend will be a busy one for us, with lots of projects in the works and a couple of extra activities.

I hope and pray that things are going well in your home as you prepare for the holidays!

1 comment:

With His Grace said...

I have loved this weather that South Texas RARELY sees! Although when we lived in The Woodlands it was much cooler than it is here in San Antonio. We aren' that much further south but just enough....awwww how I miss my trees!