Monday, May 22, 2006

Never a Dull Moment

For those who know us, it is obvious that the above statement applies to our family. Tonight is just a case in point. Lindsay and I were each on a couch in the family room reading. Lindsay got up to get something in the kitchen. Nearing the end of my book, I was none to happy to hear the urgently pleading phrase, "Mama, could you please come here?!" I walked into the kitchen and noticed that Lindsay was standing in what appeared to be water. Our washer has been a bit ill lately, vomiting water all over our utility room twice this week. I assumed that once again it had spit water everywhere. Now mind you, Lindsay has taken everything, except the washer and dryer, out of the utility room 3 times this week. Twice for a sick washer, and once when the quaking washer broke a lightbulb in there. This will make the 4th time we are emptying it. Except this time was the real doozie; it wasn't water, but about 150 ounces of liquid washing detergent!! shocked shocked We tried mopping, but that just spread the mess, then we tried wet rags; they were no better. Then I had an idea. We had some clumping cat litter. We sprinkled in onto the mess, and a few minutes later we could see it soaking up the detergent, with no slimy floor under it. This stuff is oh so slimy to step on...almost as bad as Lindsay's slug experience.(Note from the editor: Nothing is as disgustingly slimy as that!) I took a picture, but can't find my cord...I'll attach it tomorrow. We also ran out of cat litter and will need Gene's help to move the washer and dryer to clean underneath. I've been saying I wanted to deep clean the utility room; guess I don't have a choice now! Just another day in the life at the Keeth household.

No comments: