Friday, May 12, 2006

Texas Style Quesadillas

Last night we had one of our favorite easy dishes for dinner, Texas Style Quesadillas. I would like to share with you the way that we make them. I hope that you will try them sometime and let me know of any different things that you add. It's always fun to come up with a new twist on something.


This time I began with pre-seasoned fajita chicken that I purchased at Sam's. I sliced the breasts in strips and then cut the strips in half so that they are about 3 inches long.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After all of the chicken is cooked I begin assembling the quesadillas. I cook them on my griddle so that I am able to cook more than one at a time. I layered homemade re-fried beans, cheddar cheese, chicken, queso cheese and cheddar again. This time I used big tortillas so I am folding them in half instead of using two tortillas for each quesadilla. Sometimes I will carmelize onions to put into the quesadillas, but only Rachel and I like them, so often as not, I don't.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once I put them on the griddle I put a heavy plate on top of it to help it flatten out as it cooks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's what they look like when they are finished.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also made a great dip using cream cheese and peach mango salsa. It's great with chips! Here's a blurry picture of it. I'm still working on getting good close-ups with a digital camera. I ended by topping the quesadillas with guacamole and sour cream.
I'd love to hear any additional ideas you have.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: