Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wonderful Weather

Today a cold front moved in and the temperature is down to 55 degrees F here in Houston. What a blessed relief from the heat it is. The high today was in the upper 80's. For our Northern friends, it seems unbelievable, I'm sure.

I'd say that we are settling back in after our camping trip and Gene's Bootcamp, but truth be known, it won't slow down until after January. I know it slows down for most people after December, but our anniversary is Dec 31st, Lindsay's birthday is Jan 16th and mine is Jan 25th, so that makes our January just as busy as November and December.

Our camping trip was great, as the weather was perfect. The campground we went to was beautiful, and I really loved watching the trees changing colors. We did have some obnoxious crows who felt it their duty to wake us all at 6:30am. They would sit in the trees about 15 feet off the ground cawing to each other until about 6:45, just long enough that you were so awake that you couldn't go back to sleep. crying We went on hikes every day we were there except Sunday. Some of them were pretty easy, and on others you felt like you should be a mountain goat. On Saturday night I learned a new game, Spoons. If you've never played it, it's lots of fun. We had 23 people playing in 3 groups at one large table. We had a lot of fun laughing and joking as we played. There was also the terrifying experience of me making the toilet explode. shocked Let me explain; one of the toilets had been having problems with the water continuing to run, and one of the park rangers had taken the lid off and propped it on the tank leaning against the wall. Well, at some point I moved, the lid went crashing to the floor, severing the water line. Suddenly there was a fountain of water coming out of the floor spraying me. Me, the woman in the stall next to me and Lindsay came crashing out trying to get out of the way. I was laughing hysterically! I tend to do that in situations like these. I did find out later that you could hear the crashing of the lid for a very long way. Of course, the story made its way through the camp that I was the woman who broke the bathroom.

Gene had an awesome time at bootcamp, I am hoping he will update his blog this week with info on it. There are many great stories and God is to be glorified in all that happened.

While he was away the girls and I were busy bees. We moved every piece of furniture in my room and re-arranged it. I love the new set up and our bedroom/ home office is much nicer and roomier with this arrangement. I also took the time to organize our closet and de-clutter. Hopefully, this will all work toward helping me to be a better manager of my home.

No comments: