Saturday, September 23, 2006

Crochet/Knitting Ideas

Recently my girls have been getting interested in hand-crafts. Lindsay and Hannah have been crocheting up a storm. At this moment Lindsay is working on a shawl for me. Since her asthma has been acting up she isn't up to doing a lot of physical work, so she has been using that time to crochet. When she finishes the shawl, I'll post a picture.

In the last few weeks we have found some very good yarn on sale and we purchased quite a few skeins. With 6 people buying yarn, needles and hooks things can tend to get quite confusing. Trying to remember who borrowed who's hook is a chore within itself. Determined to get on top of this, I bought a couple of plastic boxes from Wal-Mart in which to store my skeins. I also purchased a pencil zipper bag to store my crochet hooks and other smaller craft hooks. I can place the bag inside my skein box without taking up a great deal of space. I marked the non-hook end of all of my crochet hooks with a permanent marker so I knew which were mine. I think we'll put an initial on the end of each of the girls, to keep theirs separated.

Today while working in the gilrs' room Hannah came up with a great idea for a place to store their skeins of yarn. They each have a pocketed bag on a hanger, similar to those to store shoes, which will hold about 12 skeins of yarn. I wll get pictures of the girls yarn in the bags and add them to this post a little later today.

The next big craft organization project will be my other craft supplies and all of our material. We have tons of material here, but it's really nice when you need to make something and already have some on hand. This is a very time consuming task that I have put off long enough.

We will be sewing a good deal over the next few weeks. As we finish projects, I'll post them here.

No comments: