Friday, September 22, 2006

Quick and Easy Soup

Yesterday things were sorta hectic around here and I was pushed at dinner time, not knowing what I was going to cook. I made this super easy soup that everyone loved. I'll guess at the spices as I didn't measure when I put them in (once again).

1 lb ground turkey, browned
2 T onion flakes
4 sm bullion cubes
water
1/2 lb of ww spaghetti
1 can of Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans of diced potatoes, drained
2T chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of Tony's

I browned and drained my meat. While it was browning put two cups of water with the bullion cubes in the microwave and heated it until it was pretty warm. At this point I used my stick blender to make sure the cubes dissolved all the way. Then add all the ingredients to the pot adding any additional water to make sure all the ingredients are covered by about an inch of water. Bring to a boil and cook at a medium high temperature until spaghetti is cooked.

It went quickly and tasted good. It was also pretty inexspensive to make. If I would have had more time I would have made cornbread to go along with it. That would have made it perfect.

Tomorrow I'm making a mexican casserole I made a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't made it in years and everyone loved it. I'll post it here either tomorrow or Sunday.

No comments: